Methylation Detection Kit For Human SDC2 Gene (Real time PCR) & Stool Collection Device
Brief introduction of COLOSAFE
Stool DNA test has natural advantage in detecting colorectal cancer. In a normal adult, epithelial cells exfoliate into gut lumen and excrete with stool every day. Colorectal cancer cells fall off more easily than normal ones due to increased proliferation of malignant cells and decreased adhesiveness between the cells and the basement membrane. Therefore, there are exfoliated tumor cells or their fragments in a patient's stool, carrying the carcinogenic messages of the colorectal cancer. These messages can be recovered and deciphered by special testing methods.
COLOSAFE is such a testing tool to precisely detect and interpret the mutated messages (human SDC2 methylation) from stool for detection of colorectal cancer. It helps physicians to detect colorectal cancer at its early stages when the malignancy can be effectively treated and stopped altogether.
Watch 3D Video
Stool Sample Collection
Benefits of COLOSAFE
Noninvasive (only 4.5g of stool sample)
No bowel preparation; in-home sample collection
Complete colorectal screening without blind spot
High testing reliability and stability
High sensitivity and specificity
Recommendations from the authorities
Fecal DNA test can be conducted with the patient’s consent. This novel test has been included in the international guidelines for colorectal cancer screening with the advantages of no bowel preparation, noninvasiveness, convenience and accuracy.
Mr Cai, 55 years old, mucous blood stool, lower right abdominal discomfort Colosafe tested positive, follow-up Colonoscopy revealed multiple polyps
Mr Qi, 66 years old, family history, diabetes, asymptomatic Colosafe tested positive, follow-up Colonoscopy revealed 1.8cm sigmoid colon polyp
- What are the key facts I need to know during the sample collection?
a) Please read the instruction carefully or watch the video carefully before collecting sample.
b) Please don't empty the preservative solution in the collection tube.
c) Please collect only shaped stool. No watery stool is allowed. The liquid with stool sample in the collection tube should be around 20ml which is the ideal volume. Any amount over or less than 20ml is not accepted.
d) Please tighten the cap on the collection tube after sample was put in.
- What's the difference between your method of testing and the fecal occult blood test (FOBT)?FOBT is to detect the amount of hemoglobin in stool sample to figure out if there is carcinogenesis. Even though it is safe and non-invasive, it's high in false negative and false positive. FOBT has only 30-60% of detecting rate because colorectal cancer especially at early stage or at precancerous stage has no symptom of bleeding. It is hard to detect the precancerous change with FOBT unless other testing methods are combined. Bleeding from esophagus or from hemorrhoids can also make FOBT positive, which increases patient’s anxiety level. In our testing of stool, we detect the mutated gene related to tumor. The biomarkers we use are found through many repeated tests of considerable samples and can specifically detect colorectal cancer even precancerous lesion.
- Do I receive the test result report and how long will it take to get it?Yes, you will receive a test result report. Normally you will be notified within 4 business days of the receipt of the sample once the report is ready.
- How long can I keep the stool sample after collection? Where do I ship the sample package?After the collection, the liquid preservative solution can keep stool DNA from degradation for 3 days in room temperature. For best test result we strongly recommend you ship out the sample package on the day of the collection due to any delay during the transportation. Please ship the package to the stated testing lab on the collection box and strictly follow the shipping and handling instruction.
- How is the testing accuracy of COLOSAFE?At present COLOSAFE has specificity of 97.85% with detecting rate of 84.22% for colorectal cancer stage I-IV and 86.71% for stage I & II.
How To Buy
Please contact your local distributors for ordering COLOSAFE.
If you want to become our international partner or distributor, please contact:
Linda------ +86-020-82037860 or email@example.com